Friday, October 21, 2011

The Hospital: A Place Of Misery And Pain



Once my grandpa and I had to go to the hospital to take his blood test. The nurse took the blood sample and requested us to wait in the lobby for two hours for the result. The lobby was in the center of the hospital. My grandpa fell asleep in five minutes. But i couldn't. I know that the hospital is a place of recovery and it is the turning point of saddness into happiness. But it is also a place of misery and pain. The worst part of it is that I saw, I heard, I felt and I thought and even tasted the misery. I could see people of all ages and sizes flinching as they felt the pain of injection and some crying silently. I saw a child of 5 years being forced to drink a red tonic. The small girl face showed me nothing but disgust. I heard a cry inside the hospital. It was a cry of pain and misery and it was more like a howl from a injured wolf. This howl sent shivers through my spine. I could almost feel the pain and I could just visualise how the pain must have reflected in the person's face. It must have twisted in pain and agony. Just the thought of how much pain must have caused a person to give a cry that seemed to have torn out of his thorat was enough for anyone to hate the hospital. I had to go through two hours of this and at the end when my grandfather woke up and got the results of the test, i ran out of The Hospital: A Place Of Misery And Pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment