Friday, August 28, 2009

What if ......you were less than an inch tall?




"I just love carnivals", I told my mother. " So, can I go to the carnival which has opened down the street with my friends? Please?" I asked my mom.
My mom looked at me for a while and said "Okay... but...", before she could finish speaking, I rushed out of the house to play, yelling "Thank you".

The next day, my friends and I ran inside the iron gate and opened our mouths in amazement. My friends ran to the merry-go-around and I went to a tent.
A lady called me and said "Come here, I am a scientist. I will need your help in my experiment. Just touch the ball over there ".
I touched the ball. Suddenly, the ball started growing big. The lady shouted at me to run. But my mind was blank. She pushed me aside. I fainted.

When I woke up, eveything looked so big. I could hear a sound. The sound was so loud that, I closed my ears. I stood up and saw a giant lady picking me up. I jumped out of her hand. It looked like a humongous science laboratory. I ran and got hurt because a huge test tube fell on me.

Suddenly, I heard a crack. The scientist said "My experiment shrank you. But when you jumped out of my hand, the test tube solution changed you to your normal size".
I ran to home. My mom was serving dinner to my dad. She said " You are right in time. Come and eat". There was a small ant near the plate. She blew it away and said "How small the ant is. What will happen if you were less than an inch tall!", and laughed.
I just smiled.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Abhi,

    Great story! I liked it very much!

    Few suggestions though:

    1. Can we make the text in one single colour?
    2. Few spelling errors like 'scintist' can be corrected.
    3. Having one good image will make the reader very interested with the story

    Thank you and look forward to have more such good stories in your blogspot...

    Keep it up!
    Appa

    ReplyDelete